Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS)
This website provides information and resources on sex education, healthy relationships, sexual and reproductive health, sexual rights, and more from the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS).
SIECUS has become a recognized leader in the field of sexuality and sex education, publishing numerous books, journals, and resources for professionals, parents, and the public. Their core areas of work include:
Policy and Advocacy
- Educate advocates and policymakers about providing rights-based sexuality information and education at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Provide technical assistance to state and local partners for education, advocacy, and/or lobbying purposes.
- Lead, strengthen, and develop partnerships with other organizations, coalitions, and initiatives to advance policies that promote positive sexual and reproductive health outcomes across the lifespan
- Publish reports, data, and analyses to inform policy and advocacy work in sexuality, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Education and Resource Development
- Enhance educator, advocate, parent, youth, clinician, partner, and public understanding of the current state of sexuality education in the United States and opportunities for improvement in both policy and practice.
- Publish toolkits and reports to inform and educate various constituencies on comprehensive sexuality education and quality sexual and reproductive health services.
- Partner with national, state, and local organizations to promote standards elevating the provision of quality sexuality education.
- Provide training and technical assistance to stakeholders on how to use resources to improve sexuality education implementation, evaluation, and policy development.
- Shape cultural and societal narratives by applying a multi-faceted approach in all communications with a strong organizational website, social media presence, relevant opinion pieces, and bold position statements.
- Educate and inform the broader public through media appearances, speaking engagements, and other high visibility activities.
- Expand our communication channels with partners using both traditional and social media to educate, inform, and mobilize communities.
This resource created by SIECUS