Self Advocates United as 1
Self Advocates United as 1 is a group of people who envision a world where people with developmental disabilities and their families are united to share knowledge, empower others, and use their voices to transform their communities and people’s lives.
- Self Advocates United as 1 (SAU1) is a Pennsylvania non-profit organization, led by a volunteer board of directors, all of whom are people with disabilities.
- SAU1’s Power Staff are people with disabilities and others who believe in and support our mission and vision from all over Pennsylvania.
- SAU1 empowers people with disabilities to live their lives their way.
- SAU1 partners with organizations to further their mission.
- SAU1 supports people to use their voices to change their communities and lives through peer education and resources.
- SAU1 brings the voice of people with disabilities to meetings and events that shape policies.
- SAU1 works with groups to improve real inclusion of people with disabilities to increase diversity.