Voting: The Purpose and the Process
Voting helps you voice your opinion. By voting, you can help pick which decision-makers you want to represent you. Picking decision-makers is important. Their actions can impact issues you care about!
Step 1: Determine your Eligibility
To vote in PA you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have lived in PA for at least 30 days
- Have been a US citizen for at least a month
Step 2: Register to Vote
- Eligible voters are required to register 30 days before the election
- Register online at www.votespa.com
- You can also register in person at a County Voter Registration office or by mail
Step 3: Learn about the Candidates
- Search the internet and news sources for information about the candidates.
- Email them to ask questions and learn more about the issues they support
Step 4: Vote!
- To vote in person, you must go to your designated polling place in person on election day.
- In special circumstances, you may be able ot use an absentee ballot.
Use reliable sources of information. Check references in articles and websites, read more than one article, and try to learn about the authors’ viewpoints.
This information was developed by the Autism Services, Education, Resources, and Training Collaborative (ASERT). For more information, please contact ASERT at 877-231-4244 or info@PAautism.org. ASERT is funded by the Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations, PA Department of Human Services.