The 411 on Disability Disclosure: A Workbook for Youth with Disabilities
This workbook is designed for youth and adults working with them to learn about disability disclosure and help them make informed decisions about whether or not to disclose their disability by considering how that decision may impact their education, employment, and social lives.
This workbook is broken down into the following sections:
- Unit 1: Self-Determination — the BIG Picture
- Unit 2: Disclosure — What Is It and Why Is It So Important?
- Unit 3: Weighing the Advantages and Disadvantages of Disclosure
- Unit 4: Rights and Responsibilities Under the Law
- Unit 5: Accommodations
- Unit 6: Postsecondary Disclosure — Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?
- Unit 7: Disclosure on the Job — Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?
Unit 8: Disclosure in Social and Community Settings — Why, When, What, to Whom, and How?
This resource created by NCWD