Career Path for Foster Youth
A supported employment program for individuals with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses who are or have been in the foster care system.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are currently age 17-21
- Live in Philadelphia and/or have an open case with Philadelphia DHS
- Have a chronic illness and/or disability. Some examples are: learning disability, intellectual disability, ADHD, sickle cell disease, epilepsy, autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and others.
- Want to work in the community
As part of the program, you will get help from job coaches, social workers and a community transition worker with:
- Setting job goals, and planning your career
- Learning job skills and other skills to help you be successful at work
- Working on your resume and cover letter
- Applying for jobs, and getting ready for interviews
- Getting used to a new job once you are employed
This resource created by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia