BASIS Program at Edinboro University
Let Edinboro University's autism support program be the basis of your success.
At Edinboro University, it is our mission to focus individual attention on the success of all students and we take great pride in our more than 40 year history of serving students with a wide variety of disabilities. We recognize the unique needs of each student with a disability and strive to not only provide accommodations for the classroom and testing, but to work with each student to access myriad opportunities within the university community.
In order to provide opportunities for college students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to achieve excellence in all areas of their university experiences, professionals, within the Office for Students with Disabilities have developed our Boro Autism Support Initiative for Success (BASIS) program.
The BASIS Program
- Ensures students will receive help improving their study skills and other academics while learning about what will help them to better interact with peers, faculty and campus community.
- Offers individualized assistance to students at Edinboro.
- Helps students make a smooth transition to become self advocates, function as an independent adult and achieve academic success.
- Provides students with daily or weekly support from staff, peer advisors and campus resources.
- Develops individualized goals for guidance with academics and socialization.
For Additional Information Contact
Learning Disabilities Coordinator
Assistive Technology Coordinator
Office for Students with Disabilities
200 Glasgow Road
Edinboro, PA 16444
This resource created by Edinboro University