Autism Speaks Transition Tool Kit
Suggestions and options for adulthood
The Autism Speaks Transition Tool Kit was created to serve as a guide to assist families on the journey from adolescence to adulthood.
This kit will provide you with suggestions and options for you to consider as you set out to find your child’s own unique path to adulthood. Topics covered include self-advocacy skills, legal issues, housing and employment options.
The kit is broken into the following sections:
- Developing Independent Living Skills
- Planning for Transition
- Legal Matters to Consider
- Community Living
- Employment and Other Options
- Post-secondary Educational Opportunities
- Housing and Residential Supports
This resource created by Autism Speaks