Autism Speaks: Parent's Guide to Employment for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Resource for parents about employment for their child with autism
The Autism Speaks Family Services Employment Toolkit was developed for parents of adult children with autism to help them understand the employment process and how they can support an individual throughout the process.
The guide includes information on:
- Practical Advice: How you can help your Adult child find and keep employment
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Supported Employment
- Skill Development at Home and School
- Job Development
- Appropriate Hygiene and Personal Appearance
- Learning how to Handle conflict
- Planning for Transportation to and from the job site
- Safety skills training in the community
- Centers for Independent Living
The guide also includes additional links to other organizations and information related to employment for families to explore.
This resource created by Autism Speaks