Save The Date: 3rd Annual Touch-A-Truck Food Drive
Saturday, October 19, 2024 From 10am – 2pm
Thank you to everyone who supported our 2023 Touch-A-Truck Food Drive for
Arch Street Center, Power Packs Project, and Blessings of Hope!
With your help, they raised over $17,200 and 1,000 pounds of non-perishable food!
Thank You for making a difference in the community!
In 2024, They Need Your Help To Get them To their Goal of Raising $20,000 & 3,000 pounds of Non-Perishable Food!
Facts about Hunger in America
- Hunger can affect people from all walks of life. Millions of people in America are just one job loss, missed paycheck, or medical emergency away from hunger.
- According to the USDA, more than 38 million people, including 12 million children, in the United States are food insecure.
- The pandemic has increased food insecurity among families with children and communities of color, who already faced hunger at much higher rates before the pandemic.
- Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger.
- Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support