The Arc of Chester County is pleased to offer the SPRING 2023 Chat-n-Chew Speaker Series.
Join to share information, network, and learn in a casual and welcoming environment. Whether you are the parent of a child, an individual with a disability, a professional who works with individuals with disabilities, or another interested partner, these workshops can provide you with a wealth of information.
These FREE sessions are open to everyone. Each session will be held every Wednesday from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, on the dates listed below.
- Social Security Disability Benefits Part I: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- You can never learn too much about Social Security Benefits. Please join Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration for a presentation about benefits and educate yourself on the details of these important benefits. Topics will include SSI/SSDI, how to apply, how to appeal, and how to answer questions.
- Social Security Disability Benefits Part 2, Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Please join Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration for more detailed information on disability benefits. This presentation will focus on how working, and income can affect your benefits. He will go over ticket to work and answer questions.
- Estate Planning, Wednesday, March 1, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Come learn about Estate Planning for families with loved ones with disabilities from Stephen D. Potts, Esq., with the law firm of Herr, Potts and Potts. You will gain an understanding of the importance of Special Needs Trusts. Which type is right for your family? Why is it important? Stephen will explain and answer your questions.
- Empower U Specialty Fitness, Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Join as coach Joe DelViscio, CSCS, BEXsc explains the specialty fitness training he offers based on individual needs and abilities. He covers strength, balance and endurance. It can be one on one or group training. This training can be covered by WAIVER FUNDING. Are you curious about how you can set your child up in a home of your choice and the staffing options?
- Self-Directing Waiver Services with Agency with Choice, Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Corrine Dietrich, Director of Agency with Choice at The Arc of Chester County will be here to talk about the benefits of self-directing waiver services. You have control over who works with your loved one and the schedule. She will talk about self-direction and how it works with Agency with Choice (AWC).
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 11:30 am- 1:00 pm
- Join Lindsay Foster, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) to learn what OVR is about, what supports they can offer and how they can assist your loved one to get a job. Learn and ask questions.
- Comprehensive Employment Services, Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Learn about comprehensive employment services, what is it and how does it work? Shelby Hallman, Director of Comprehensive Employment at The Arc of Chester County will be here to explain the process and what it looks like for families and participants.
- Cents and Sensibility $, Wednesday, April 12, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Karen Hassett, Financial Education Director for Pennsylvania Assistive Technical Foundation (PATF) will present financial education information that is geared for people with disabilities. The goal is to provide tools to make informed decisions about your financial future. Everyone can benefit from this curriculum.
- Power of Attorney and Guardianship, Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- One of the most difficult decisions a parent, family member or caregiver must make regarding their loved one is whether to seek guardianship or power of attorney. Is it appropriate? Is it necessary? Randy Hope Steen, Esq. has been practicing Trust, Estate, Special Needs, Business and Tax Law for nearly three decades she will be here to discuss the options and help guide families to making appropriate choices.
- Life Sharing, Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Join Carman Saur, Program Specialist with the Department of Mental Health/Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, to learn about Life Sharing, what is it, what does it look like, who is a good candidate, how is it funded and more.
- Supports Brokers: How They Can Help, Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Join The Arc of Chester County Agency with Choice staff to learn more about what supports brokers do. What services they can provide families and how they can support you. They can do a lot to help families that self-direct. Find out if you can benefit from these services.
- PA ABLE Accounts, Wednesday, May 10, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Do you want to learn more about PA ABLE? Join Diane Fishlock, Outreach Specialist from the Bureau of Consumer Programs at the Pennsylvania State Treasury to hear about PA ABLE accounts. Learn what is an ABLE account, who is eligible and details about opening and managing an account.