SAPNA is a project of the PA Office of Developmental Programs (ODP), managed by Self Advocates United as 1 (SAU1). All SAPNA events are scheduled for eastern standard time and close-captioned for those using video.
Families, staff, and guests are welcome to listen and learn.
- Let’s Speak Up! Wed. July 6, 11 am to 12:30 pm AND Tue. July 12, 1 pm to 2:30 pm
- Do you know your rights?
- Are you getting what you want and need?
- Join to learn all about speaking up.
- Tell ways YOU speak up!
- Speak Up and Get Back Out in Your Community! An ODP Zoom Town Hall Meeting Mon. July 11, 5 pm to 6 pm
- The PA Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) wants to hear from YOU!
- Think about the questions on the next page.
- Talk about them with the people who support you.
- Share them with other self advocates.
- You can speak up in a few ways:
- Join the Zoom call on Monday, July 11 at 5pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Rita at 724 588 2378 and she will take notes.
- Use YOUR voice to speak up about getting back out into your community! Download the attached flyer for more information.
- All About Jobs! Mon. July 18, 11 am to 1 pm AND Mon. July 25, 11 am 1 pm.
- Your rights.
- Planning to work.
- Finding a job.
- Keeping your job.
- Workplace accommodations.
- ODP funded services.
- Other supports.
- Work and your benefits.
- All About Relationships! Wed. July 13, 1 pm to 3 pm AND Fri. July 22, 1 pm to 3 pm.
- The different kinds
- How we make them
- Healthy relationships
- Unhealthy relationships
- What abuse is
- What to do about abuse
- Ways YOU can learn more
- Power Talk with ODP! Tues. July 19, 10:30 to 11:30am
- Join to talk about services, issues, and Covid.
- Get the answers you need to speak up and live your life, your way.
- Call or email by July with your questions and comments, and SAPNA will share them with ODP.
Here’s how you can join the events!
For video and audio by computer or smartphone, get the passcode from Rita anytime before the event! Call 724 588 2378 or Email email@example.com.
The day of the event, go online at sau1.me/zoom then enter the passcode or join right from our online events calendar at sau1.me/events and enter the passcode.
For just audio from a smartphone tap +16468769923,,2233445555# and wait to hear “You are in the meeting now.”
For just audio on any phone, dial (646)876-9923, then meeting ID 223 344 5555 ##
SAU1 reserves the right to remove anyone from their events who does not follow our ground rules as explained on each call.
SAU1’s mission is to support the self advocacy of people with disabilities for positive impact in our communities and in people’s lives. SAU1 is a PA non-profit led and staffed by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities.