Hosted by PA Family Network.
October starts the PA Family Network’s series on Technology. Technology has become a major part of all our lives. For people with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, technology can offer opportunities for independence, entertainment, choice, and control. Remote Supports are also now offered providing more opportunities for services that can increase independence.
Join the discussion about how Technology and Remote Supports can impact an Everyday Life! These workshops are created by family members and self-advocates FOR family members and self-advocates.
- Peace of Mind: Thursday, October 5
- Using The LifeCourse to Plan and Problem Solve: Tuesday, October 10
- Community Safety: Tuesday, October 17
- Using The LifeCourse to Plan for the ISP: Wednesday, October 25
- LEAD the Way to Healthy Relationships: Monday, October 30
- Waiver Basics, Part 1: Wednesday, October 11
- Waiver Basics, Part 2: Wednesday, October 18
- Advanced Waiver, Part 1: Monday, October 23
- Advanced Waiver, Part 2: Tuesday, October 24
Community Engagement Workshops: These are offered Twice Each Day and won’t be repeated
- Technology and Remote Supports: Starting with the Basics: Thursday, October 12
- Technology: We Befriended It and There’s No Going Back!: Thursday, October 19
- Technology: Ideas for “Independence”: Thursday, October 26
- Safety in the Community, October
- LEAD The Way to Healthy Relationships & Sexuality, October
- Waiver Basics, October
- Advanced Waiver, October
- Peace of Mind, October
- Technology and Remote Supports Starting with the Basics
- Technology We Befriended It and There’s No Going Back!
- Technology Ideas for “Independence”
- Using LifeCourse to Plan and Problem Solve, October 10 and 25