Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health and Safety Guide
ASERT has compiled resources for those with autism and those who care for people with autism relating to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Kwanzaa Online Family Fest 2021 is a non-religious family event that allows families to explore the 7 principles of Kwanzaa in an engaging, family friendly and educational way.
Kwanzaa, which means, ‘first fruits’, was developed by Dr. Maulana Karenga in 1966 to encourage and support Black people in engaging and respecting their culture.
Main Presentation Objectives:
The presentation will consist of family assignments, quizzes, culturally rich picture puzzles, music, Black history tasks and informative commentary by the award-winning writer and educationalist, David Simon. David is the author of the bestselling Genius series (see video below).
Storyteller: To be announced.
The 7 principles of Kwanzaa are:
1. Umoja – Unity
2. Kujichguilia – Self-determination
3. Ujima – Collective work and responsibility
4. Ujamaa – cooperative economics
5. Nia – purpose
6. Kuumba – creativity
7. Imani – faith
The event will be full of family assignments, information, allowing all members to explore global African culture that leads to community development.
Please note that the Zoom registration link will be sent out on the day of the event, 26th December 2020 at 10am.
Duration: 2 hours
Testimonies of Simon Education’s Black history presentations:
1. THANK YOU SO MUCH for such an informative training!! I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it so enriching.
2. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you very much for all of the time you have obviously invested in producing what was a thoroughly enjoyable and informative short course. My whole family was truly blessed by the wealth of information you shared in such a short space of time.