Hosted by The Arc Susquehanna Valley.
See below for event descriptions. Click here to view The Arc Susquehanna Valley’s newsletter for registration information for each event. By attending these events, you give permission for your picture to be taken and used for public viewing.
The Arc’s All Abilities Talent Show
October 18th at 5 p.m. At The Arc-Aide
Do you have a special talent you’d like to show off? Or would you like to be entertained by some highly motivated people? Then stop by The Arc, 326 Market Street in Sunbury, and join the annual talent show! The show will start at 5 p.m. Refreshments will be served afterward. Seating is limited, RSVP by: September 30th.
Hiawatha Picnic and Cruise
October 20th at 4 p.m. 2205 Hiawatha Blvd., Williamsport
Start the fall off with a picnic and ice cream Hiawatha Riverboat Cruise! The picnic starts at 4 p.m. at the Hiawatha Pavilion and includes hotdogs, hamburgers, baked beans, macaroni salad, chips, and a drink. Riverboat Cruise begins at 5:30 p.m. and includes ice cream for dessert. Co-pay: $10—Arc members, $12—Non-members. RSVP By: October 13th.
Arc Halloween Dance
October 26th at 5:30 pm. Sunbury Social Club
The dance will start with a BBQ chicken dinner prepared by CSG Bakery including: baked macaroni and cheese, green beans, roll, and dessert. Music and costume contest will be held after dinner. Seating is limited, please RSVP by October 16th. This event is FREE! Sunbury Social Club.
Penn State Tailgate Party
November 11, 11:30 p.m. arrival at The Arc-Aide (Kick-Off at noon)
The Arc will host a live big-screen viewing of the PSU vs Michigan football game. They will serve Papa John’s Pizza, Soda, and chips! Bring your best tailgate appetizer to enter in the Tailgate Contest (Winners will be rewarded!!) Co-pay: $5. RSVP By: November 3rd.
Accessible Bikes At The Marina
September 27th and October 25th 12 p.m.
The Arc Susquehanna Valley will be at the marina on September 27th and October 25th for bike rides through the park. They have a wheelchair-accessible bike and a tandem bike. Come ride! Pack a lunch and meet at the Shikellamy State park marina, pavilion 1. No Copay for this event. No need to RSVP. Just Show up and enjoy!
Night to Shine
WHAT: A prom for people with special needs over the age of 14
WHEN: Friday, February 9, 2024; Red Carpet begins at 3 p.m.; Prom from 5 to 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sunbury Bible Church, 135 Spruce Hollow Road, Northumberland
GUEST REGISTRATION: Monday, October 16th (link to be provided)
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION: Monday, November 13th (link to be provided)
* Space is limited to 125 guests. So be sure to register early.*
FOR WHO: Registered Night to Shine Guests
WHAT IS IT: A place where guests can receive FREE formal wear for the NTS prom on February 9th. Formal wear available can include dresses, suits, shoes, jewelry, etc.
WHEN: November 9 & 10 from noon to 7 p.m.; November 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (the Boutique will close promptly at 7 p.m. and 1 p.m. so please do not arrive late)
WHERE: Susquehanna Valley Community Room Please note: These are the only dates/times the boutique will be open. After November 11, there will be no access to the boutique.
- All guests coming to the boutique must have a parent/caregiver with them throughout the process.
- Once guest has chosen their formal wear, they will try it on and be fitted by a seamstress for alterations (if necessary). There will be “1” fitting—this will be the only time the guest tries on their formal wear for the seamstresses.
- Once alterations have been made and your formal wear is ready for pick-up (and this is very important), you will receive a phone call. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SEAMSTRESSES TO SEE IF YOUR DRESS/SUIT IS FINISHED.
- Once you receive your call letting you know your formal wear is ready, please pick it up at The Arc Susquehanna Valley, 326 Market Street, Sunbury. DO NOT CALL THE ARC TO SEE IF YOU ATTIRE IS THERE. If you have not received a phone call, it is not there.
- Wear your dress/suit proudly. You’re going to look fabulous!
Bridges to Healthy Relationships
For Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities ages 16+.Please join for a weekly class that will help you navigate the complicated world of relationships.
Topics Covered Will Include:
- Different types of relationships
- Appropriate Behaviors: Public vs. Private
- Healthy Relationships
- Boundaries and Consent
- Safe use of technology in relationships
Class will be at The Arc-Aide 326 Market St. Fridays from 2:30 p.m.— 4 p.m. group class. For questions and/or registration please contact Lisa Shosh at 570-286-1008 ext. 3.